I am running a few awareness campaigns on ChronicallyHopeful.com and all connected social media accounts. In these campaigns I collect and share quotes by patients with ME. I also provide a free service to the ME community in which I create a personalised Millions Missing poster for which I collect photos along with quotes.
- Personalised Millions Missing Posters
- The “Effects Of ME” Campaign
- The “Severe ME Is…” Campaign
- To comply with European privacy laws (GDPR) requiring us to state why we are collecting personal information and how it will be used. This protects participants from having their personal information exploited and protects me as a content creator.
- Some people have already copied and edited images I have created and used them for their own purposes without consent, I would like to avoid this for reasons described below.*
- I do not gain anything commercially from the awareness graphics and want to protect participants from being exploited by others for commercial gain too.
Why My Graphics Contain A Watermark
As an artist, it is my right to add my watermark to graphics I create. Like a painter signing their work. You wouldn’t remove an artist’s signature from a painting, would you?
My watermark is my website URL (ChronicallyHopeful.com) so that people can find more information when they see my graphics and want to know more, since my blog contains related articles. It is an effective way to raise awareness and provide more detail further along in the future when the graphics have been shared and reshared online. So please leave the watermark in tact.
* Please Do Not Edit My Graphics
- Please recreate graphics from scratch using your own colours, fonts and designs, even if mine is the inspiration for yours. Don’t copy other people's work. Be inspired to create your own, change it up.
- I am a perfectionist when it comes to design and don’t want my name on somebody else’s work, so do not edit my graphics and leave my watermark on it either - that’s not my work anymore!
- If you create your own version, I retain aesthetic control over the graphics I have made and you have something of your own to share.
I recommend Canva.com for creating graphics, they have great templates and it’s free and easy to use.
- Please note that by using these free services, you agree that the information you provide will be shared publicly, by me and others, on social media and possibly on printed posters as part of the Millions Missing and other ME awareness campaigns.
- You may use your personalised graphic when you wish , you do not have to wait for my
permission or for ME Awareness days to share it.
- These graphics are all available, free of charge, for sharing online and on paper for the sole
purpose of raising awareness of Myalgic Encephalomyeliltis provided the graphics remain
unedited and in tact and are not sold individually or as part of a collection, composition or product .
- The graphics may not be printed on physical items other than paper for display purposes at
- You may not edit, crop, or modify in any way, any of the awareness images I have made.
- You may add your own captions below the images and you do not need to link back to me or credit me for the images.
I understand that some people are in vulnerable positions and cannot be identified publicly. You may still contribute anonymously.
- If you do not wish to show your face, you may send a representative image instead. You could send a photo of your view from your bed in the "ME Perspective" style or send a photo of an empty pair of shoes you no longer wear.
- If you do not wish to use your real name, you may use a nickname or initials.
- Photos sent for the personalised Millions Missing posters will only be used to create your Millions Missing posters and will not be shared separately from your Millions MIssing posters.
- Your email address will not be shared publicly, it is only needed to contact you about your
submission, if necessary, and to send the completed graphic to you if applicable.
These are general terms and conditions that apply to all awareness graphics created by me. However, each campaign might have variations on these terms and these will be expressly stated on the sign up form, if applicable.
- My graphics are free to use for online advocacy or printed on paper for awareness events.
- They may not be used for commercial gain in any way, shape or form.
- They may not be edited in any way, shape or form.
- You do not need to credit me when sharing them.
If you are still unsure about how you may or may not use my awareness graphics, or have any questions or concerns, please contact me.